amythorthree: (how I got trhough this pt 2)
[personal profile] amythorthree
Title: In This Mad Dance, We Are Both On Fire (2/?)
Author: [profile] itsonlyburning
Wordcount: 801
Rating: PG-13
Characters: Helen Magnus, OC
Pairing(s): Helen Magnus/Faerie Queen
Warning(s): Spoilers in general for this season, non-consensual touching.
Notes: This all started because of an icon. Then it bloomed into my desire to have Normandy!Helen as one of the fae. Then it just...became this.
Disclaimer: I don't own a thing.
Summary: Lots of things happened in Normandy, some of which Helen never realized.



Helen Stared.

It wasn't entirely appropriate or intentional but she couldn't help it. She was not planning to come face to face with herself any time soon. In fact, she had taken a great care to devoid exactly that.

But there she is, doing just that.

And the time period is wrong. Why is the time period wrong? How could the time period be wrong?

"Hello," she says slowly, studying the abnormal, for it had to be an abnormal, unless she has a reason to jump in time yet again in her future and she's not aware of it. Or would it be considered her past? She's not sure.

"Helen Magnus," the woman says in her voice, with her same inflections. It's rather discomforting but she doesn’t say or show any of that.

"Yes," she starts. "Can I help you?"

""Oh no," she replies. "I just wanted to meet you. To say hello. I’m a very big fan of your work." Again, all in her voice. It was starting to get very irritating very fast.

"Thank you," she starts slowly, smiling a tad. "I do what I can. Are you sure there's nothing I can do for you?"

"No," she assures. "I just needed to see you, see how you were doing." She smiles and makes a motion with her hand, and Helen can feel it, the binding feeling that overwhelms her every now and then.

She stares. "Is this you? What are you doing?"

She smiles. "Nothing, my dear," she assures. Nothing, just showing you something. You belong to someone, you know."

Helen glares and it takes her a moment before she speaks again. I do not belong to anyone," she informs, her voice clipped. "My advice is that you give up that delusion right now."

"Oh but you're wrong," the woman smiles, moving her fingers again and Helen feels herself being pulled forward, her feet moving by their own accord.

She continues to look quite displeased indeed.

"This isn't going to end well for you," she informs as the woman, whose name she still does not actually know. reaches out and strokes her face. It sends a chill down her spine, not because it was pleasurable in any way but because it feels as if she's cracking through a barrier, forcing herself upon Helen.

"But why," she questions. "Where's the fun in that? This is far more interesting, more fun?"

She stands her ground but she can't help but want to step back all the same. The invasion of privacy was quite disturbing to her and she wanted it to end, wanted to go back to living out her vacation time, so to speak.

"I'm no play thing," she informs. "I never have been and I'm certainly not going to let you make me into one."

That makes the woman smile, sheer delight in her expression. "I know, Helen! I know and that’s what's so thrilling about it! You’re not going to give in, are you; you're not going to surrender." She giggles and it's so strange to watch her own face do it, her own face react in such a way.

They may share a face but the longer she spends with the woman, the more her own personality shines through, she isn’t able to keep up the mask.

"What are you," Helen finally questions, something she should have tried to determine long before now. "Why have you taken my face?"

"Not 'what'," the woman tells her. "But 'who.". Who am I, Helen?" Can you guess? Ooh, I'd like if you tried!" She claps her hands together, grinning wide.

Helen rolls her eyes, her arms crossing over her chest. 'I'm not playing games here," she states. I want to know who you are and why you’re here."

"So determined," the other says, leaning forward so that their noses were almost touching. "You're not going to stop until you get an answer out of me, are you? You’ll be wondering for a long time, my dear. I'm very good at keeping secrets."

And with that, she makes another move with her hand, pulling at the invisible tether around Helen's neck and forcing a kiss upon her. She struggles, pulling herself away as quickly as she can but it did happen.

And then, with that, there's a shimmering and the other woman, the woman who dared to kiss her using her own face, is gone. Disappeared, as if she had never been there at all.

Helen looks around her, tries to determine what had happened but she comes up with nothing.

That night, even though she doesn’t know if it’s completely wise, she writes to James, questioning him on the matter and explaining most of the situation, leaving out the kiss but nothing more.

She awaits eagerly for his response.

Profile

amythorthree: (Default)
And I stiill don't know if I'm a falcon or a storm

May 2012

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 30th, 2026 08:56 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios